This is a list of all functions available from the gnome module, but debugging functions are described on the Debugging Tools page.
- box(value[, type])
- Return a Boxed value.
- cast(object, type)
- Perform a typecast on an object; only the type is changed, not the content of the object. Note that this doesn't work for non-objects, e.g. to cast a void* to a string. For this, refer to how Void Wrappers work. In fact, this function is quite useless, I guess, as the types are always (?) set correctly.
- Create a closure object for a Lua function. Contrary to the name, no arguments can be given to the function. Refer to the Closure Documentation for more details.
- Don't wait for the garbage collection, but immediately dereference an object; if this was the last reference, the object is freed too.
- Returns two strings: the operating system and the architecture, e.g. "linux" and "i386".
- Returns a Void Wrapper for the given value, which may be of any type - objects, Lua types, nil etc.